Edward's and Bella's First Kiss

Edward's and Bella's First Kiss

Friday, January 16, 2009

New Moon.

When I was finally ready to start reading the second book, I made sure I would have time to just sit down, by myself and read. The book was 563 pages, much bigger than any books I'd ever desired to read... which was non-existant. Reading Twilight, I had already known the just of the story from the movie, so there were not many surprises for me. New Moon was completely new and I had no idea what to expect. I already had many thoughts running through my head because some of my friends whom had already read the series told me that the second one wasn't that great - apparently there was too much Jacob and not enough Edward, which didn't please me - but I decided I was going to read it anyways and make my own opinion about it. On Friday night of last weekend, I decided to start the book. I hadn't had much time to read that night, but I still got a good idea that I was going to like this book just as much as the first. The next day, I knew that I had an obligation to go out with a few of my friends (obligation because I really wasn't feeling like doing anything... I just wanted to read) so after dinner - and a few hours of reading - I went to my friend, Taylor's, in Bowmanville. When I got there, to my surprise, I was the only one that showed up. Taylor was very upset that all of her friend's ditched, but at least she was happy that I was there. This gave me more time to read New Moon, and I took full advantage of it. After a few more hours of reading, I had finished it. There were points of happiness, distress, tears, and suspense, and I didn't understand why my friend's did not like the second one as much, I thought it was amazing. I finally realized that my book was over and there was nothing left for me to read. I didn't have the third or fourth book yet, and I was going crazy. Seeing as these books are sequels to each other, they leave extremely suspensful cliff hangers, and I knew that I needed to get the other books ASAP. The last two times I had been to Chapters, the third and fourth were all sold out, so I really hoped that I would luck out and they'd be there when I went the next day. I quickly called my dad to tell him my desperate news, and he promised that he'd take me to look for them on Sunday. So, I waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment